Friday, January 3, 2014

The Holidays

Ahhh, I never got around to posting about our Christmas fun in our third grade classroom. Right after Christmas, I was blessed enough to sail away to the Bahamas to ring in the new year.

Ahh... take me back! 
But right before break, we did some fun, hands on activities to keep the kiddos engaged amidst their anticipation! We have been working really hard on mastering the uses of possessive nouns and also the meaning of possessive nouns. The kids had a lot of fun doing some sorting activities distinguishing between plural and singular possessives. However, I had to go back and think of a new activity when I realized many of my kiddos were still writing their possessives incorrectly, especially their plural possessives.
And, that's when I found this fun activity!
This activity required the students to scan the room and write the possessive form of objects around the room, including teachers/students/etc. THE KIDS WENT WILD FOR THIS! You can grab this here !



As you can see, the sweeties went crazy for "sticking" each other with a possessive name. This was a lot of fun, and I actually did get a chance to use some of the students' stickies as data for a little formative assessment:-) 


And just a quick picture from third grade wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

Stay tuned for some New Year resolutions! 



Happy 2014
Gabrielle 




No comments:

Post a Comment