Friday, April 18, 2014

Five For Friday! And a Four Day Weekend!!

Well, it has been a long, crazy week! But, I am so happy it is finally Friday! This was our first week back from spring break, and we had conferences all week. So being able to sleep in on a Friday was really working for me this morning:-) 

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my five random shenanigans of the week! 


We have been continuing our journey with geometry! Here are a few snapshots of geometry in actio


My kiddos have been working really hard learning the different attributes of quadrilaterals, triangles, and polygons! They have been doing such an awesome job! I would love to hear some suggestions below about how you teach geometry in your classroom! 

We also just started studying fairy tales in our room. During reading workshop, we have been diligently reading all sorts of fairy tales, and we have been studying the components in detail. 
Next week, my third graders will begin to write their very own fractured fairy tale. 

And they even all are listening attentively! Gotta love the engagement! 


 

I have two new additions to my classroom! I bought this adorable lime green chart from Walmart! And the adorable stool is from my parents! They scooped it up for me from a church auction..... very sweet of them! And, it both of these additions flow quite beautifully with my classroom theme! 

I'm so proud of their writing..... look at those paragraphs and transition words! I'm so impressed with my third graders' growth! 

And last but not least.....

We came back on Monday from spring break, had conferences all week, and I just had to splurge before work yesterday! 


Happy Easter friends! 



Gabrielle 





3 comments:

  1. I love your anchor chart- made me giggle! Very cute.
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the Doodle Bugs linky party. I am loving both of your new additions- the green and blue would go well with my classroom! :) And I'm with ya on the coffee-- it's nice to have a little treat!
    Happy Teaching,
    Cassie
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store
    Follow Me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your anchor chart!! I found your blog, and I absolutely love it, so I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Come check out my post to find out more information!

    Liebster Award and a Freebie!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete