Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Made It!!!



Oh my sweet friends, I sincerely apologize for being so absent for these past few weeks! I have really been trying to enjoy my time off, and I cannot believe it... I report back to school in two weeks and I will meet my new kiddos in three weeks! Ah! It goes by so fast! I just wanted to stop by and share a very exciting project that I just finished. I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics to share my special creation!



For some time, I have been contemplating if I wanted to add some additional brights and chalkboard themed creations to my lime and aqua classroom. This summer more specifically, I'm sure much like many of you, I have become very obsessed and in love with Maria Manore's products from Kinder-Craze! I was very drawn to her black series! If you haven't seen this series, you should check it out here! I immediately fell in love with her motivational classroom rules.

I was also inspired by this amazingly detailed and helpful post. And this post is what really inspired me to create these new frames for my classroom.


My purchases started at Michaels where I found these frames for $8.99 each, and I also got to use my teacher discount.
And then, I was very blessed to meet a teacher through the family that I babysit for, and she actually offered to let me use some of her spray paint! It was such an ironic and "small world" type of moment. I was picking up one of my sweet kiddos from a play date, and we got to talking, and she just got done doing the same project inspired by Maria's classroom. She even told me that she had the chance to meet and visit Maria's classroom! So jealous! This sweet teacher offered for me to use these awesome bright colors for my picture frames! 

 And after I contained all my excitement.... I ran right out into our backyard and got spray painting!! Let me tell you, it was quite a vision:-) Let me give you a little glance of what it looked like.


I ended up doing two coats of spray paint, but it dried suprisingly quickly.

 After each framed dried COMPLETELY, I printed off the classroom rules and simply placed them inside the frames. And I am so excited to show you the end result and even more excited to hang them up in our daily meeting area in my classroom!
Are ya ready?!?!?
Look at these beauties! 
















I am so pleased with how these turned out! They are going to look adorable under my smartboard. Don't forget to link up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics!

Happy Crafting:-)

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVVVEEEEEE how those rules look in the frames!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if they will work for middle school??? Super cute project!!!
    Lori :)
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your frames turned out! They work perfectly with the colors on the rules. What a small world that you were able to meet someone that was doing the same craft.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frames look GREAT!!! Those are my colors! They make me happy!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your frames. The bright colors are going to be a hit with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabrielle - your blog is so cute! The frames turned out great as well. I'm your newest follower. So glad to have stumbled across you.
    hugs,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your blog colors Gabrielle! Your frames match it too! I love your subway art rules. The colors really POP in the frames.

    I am happy to be your newest follower. Hop over and visit if you get the chance. :)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete