Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A New Year with New Goals 2015


And that's a wrap 2014! It sure has been an amazing year for me and my students. So much has happened this year, and I am so excited to embark into the new year of 2015! I am super excited to link up with Stephanie at Mrs. D's Corner to share my upcoming goals for 2015! Here we go!

Personal: Well, as many of you may have found out through my excessive pictures and posts on Instagram, I am now engaged to the love of my life. We are planning to get married this June! Josh is finishing up pharmacy school this April and will start medical school this summer. We are so excited to start this new chapter of our lives together, and I feel SO blessed that God gave me Josh. 

Professional: I am super lucky to have the privilege to attend monthly assessment literacy trainings that are really digging into the true reason/process of developing and creating assessments. I am learning A TON, and I am even able to bring this knowledge back to my colleagues at my school. I am excited to continue to attend these meetings and try out my own units using the WHOLE assessment process taking into consideration high quality summative and formative assessments. 

Planning: I want to get ahead! This year is going to be so crazy busy with wedding planning, showers, teaching, and oh yeah.... getting married. As a result, I want to make sure I plan ahead and have all my hands on centers ready for my kiddos so they are ready to go when my personal life gets super busy. I am going to try to dedicate one weekend to this and get all of this printing an laminating done!

Organizing: This has already begun, but I want to continue to organize all of our wedding receipts, invites, RSVPs, etc. I have started a few excel spreadsheets to keep track of addresses, emails, RSVPS, budget concerns, etc. But, I want to make sure I stay on top of this so Josh and I stay true to our budget and have everything organized and ready for the best day of our lives! 


Students: I am so proud of my students. Right before Christmas break, my third graders took their multiplication test! They did SO well. I am so proud and convinced that about 95% of my students understand the true meaning of multiplication. I really think this is because my third grade team taught our Everyday Math multiplication unit intertwined with what we call an "ILC." What this means is we picked three strategies, and we targeted them hard core with our kiddies, and we developed activities to reinforces these strategies. This targeted, specific instruction seemed so crucial and powerful! With this deep understanding mastered, it feels like the right time to switch our fact practice from addition/subtraction to multiplication and division. They are going to be so excited:-) 

Motto: "These are your shoes, enjoy every minute you are in them!" This past year, I have witnessed so many people get bogged down in the everyday shenanigans in life, and I really think we all need to take a step back to enjoy our lives. God has given us so much, and these blessings are something we need to be aware of. Personally, I want to do a better job of recognizing these blessings and being thankful despite challenges that of course will arise! 

Merry Christmas Friends! 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm sure you will be so busy, but it sounds like you have a great plan for getting it all done. :)
    http://www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete