Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Made It!

Hey bloggers! Yes, it has been a great while, and I have SO much exciting news to fill you in on, but first I want to link up with the fabulous Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics to share a new addition for my classroom.

With some inspiration from Pinterest and also with the lovely help of my sweet friend, Kirsten, some adorable letters were crafted today! Check it out!

We started by going to Joann's and buying the following materials: Mod Podge, scrapbook paper, paint brushes, acyclic paint, and letters.
Here is what the table looked like before we crafted....




And then, we began crafting!

We started by tracing out the cardboard letters onto the scrapbook paper.


After tracing out the letters onto the scrapbook paper, we cut out the letters. We then painted the back side of the letters as well as the edges with our acrylic paint. We ended up using two coats for a more even coat. After the paint dried, we then moved onto the Mod Podge! We discovered that it worked a lot better when we first applied one layer of Mod Podge onto the letter, then dampened the scrapbook paper, applied the scrapbook paper to the letter, and then applied an additional layer of Mod Podge on top of the damp scrapbook paper.


After some tweaking and drying, here is the end result!
Aren't they just adorable?!?? I cannot wait to add them to my new classroom library with my new classroom decor theme! More to come about that soon :p


Happy Blogging and Happy Summer!

10 comments:

  1. So cute Gabrielle - I made a project like this last summer and every time I look in my class library it just makes me smile. It's adorable! xo,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I did a similar project this week (for my kitchen). I don't know that it is as cute as yours though!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and you just reminded me I need to redo mine because I changed my colors:) Thanks for linking up;)
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I did this last year as well, and it is the perfect tough to any classroom library! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the letters. I am thinking about making some too. Thanks for the ideas.
    The Moving Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your letters turned out precious. It makes me want to update mine from a few years ago!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I am getting ready to start a similar project for my classroom. I can't decide if I want to use glitter or scrapbook paper. Yours turned out adorable!!
    Michelle
    4th Grade Dynamic Duo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! It turned out really cute. Gotta love that Mod Podge!

    Jamie
    Teaching Tidbits and More with Jamie

    ReplyDelete