Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Made It!!!


I am so excited to share all my fun creations with you this week. With summer in full swing, I am really having a ton of fun crafting adorable projects for my new classroom. I also have to add that it has been kinda weird/hard for me to get used to actually having time off this summer. For the past two summers, I nannied for two sweeties which kept me quite busy during the days. However, since Josh and I got married and moved to Ohio, I didn't have time to find a part time job to keep me busy this summer, so I am free! I do like having all the free time, but I definitely am not used to it yet. With that being said, I can't wait to share with you my three projects from this past week. 
****See, I told you I had a lot of time on my hands! 

Like I mentioned in my last post, I got married and got a  new job just a short month ago. Since I am moving into a new classroom, I convinced myself that I should certainly redo my classroom theme! Hey, that's my justification! My classroom last year had a ton of brights and chevron which was very cute, but I want to go rid of the pink and green and add some more gray, coral, and yellow. And then, I came across Melanie's fabulous theme.
Look at this! This is just WAY TOO adorable for me to turn down. Check out more of Melanie's fabulous ideas here! I love the combo, and I am really excited to add in some yellow and coral. However, I had a ton of green baskets and decorations from my last two years of teaching, so I looked for some new bins for supplies, classroom library, etc. But, I couldn't find anything that I absolutely loved. So I found this friend.






 I really had no idea that there was spray paint out there that worked for plastic, but once I found this, I was willing to give it a try. Here are some of my bins before the spray painting party.
I started in my garage to avoid bugs and wind, but quickly I had to move back outside because of the fumes! Word of advice, just start outside. 




It did take some time because I would do a layer and let it dry. But then, I would find some spots that I missed. So I would have to reapply. But all in all, they turned out fabulous, and they match my other bluish bins from Big Lots from last year perfectly! Here is my end product.
This saved me a lot of money, and it actually was kinda fun :p
This week, I also had a fantastic time meeting up with my sweet teacher friend, Kirstin to tackle some more crafting projects.  Our first was actually a lot easier that we had anticipated. We both had been wanting to create a teacher toolbox for awhile, but we never got around to it. So, that was our first goal. Kirstin picked up two of these beauties for just $17 at Joann's. 

We first, took out all of these cute drawers and spray painted the frame gray to match both of our classrooms.  Then, we moved onto editing and printing out labels for the drawers. We found this adorable set of labels that are EDITABLE and FREE! You can find them here!



After printing, laminating, and cutting, we simply used double sided tape to stick these babies into the toolbox. It worked easily, and you can't see the tape at all. Look at our fabulous end toolboxes! 


Yup, I'm pretty much obsessed. And honestly, all those little drawers scream organization, and that makes me OH so happy!

Kirstin and I also had some time to fancy up our classroom mailboxes with these adorable binder clip labels. You can  find them here! Once again, free!! All we did was simply print the labels, apply one layer of Mod Podge on the binder clips, apply the label, and apply one more thin layer of Mod Podge on the top of the binder clips. We then laid them to dry, and they turned out cute as can be! They definitely look WAY better than my crinkled up avery labels that were handwritten. 








I love the way they turned out!
Be sure to link up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics!

5 comments:

  1. I think I bought that same exact spray paint color just the other day! It worked perfectly for my borders (I couldn't find them in the color I wanted so I decided to try spray paint). Love the idea for the binder clips. I always use number labels and they get so gross looking by the end of the year.

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Seaside color! I used that to spray a table and chairs this summer. I wish I had some left because I would get busy spraying stuff for my classroom with it. I have that same toolbox from JoAnn's. I still haven't printed out labels. I have them, I just haven't printed them. Love your made-its this week.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your creations. Your classroom is going to look so fabulous. Did you cut out the numbers for your clips? This is such a great idea. It makes me wonder if I could Mod Podge on letter or numbers stickers to clips. Thanks for sharing.
    On a side note, I love that linky parties introduce me to new blogs. So happy to be a new follower of your blog. Happy blogging and classroom prepping.
    @ Wiley Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw another post that had that same theme. It looks great-- love the blue and yellow with accents theme!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  5. the crafts are awesome! my sister and I made the same toolbox last summer and we love it! we use it all the time in our classrooms :) I am going to try out some of your other crafts!

    ReplyDelete