Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday Made It! 8/10/15

Hi there friends! Ahhh so much to do, so little time. I am excited to show all of you my made its from this past week. My list is still expanding, but I was able to cross of some cute projects this week. Thanks again Tara for this amazing link up.

I just love getting to see what other teachers come up with each week.... especially during this time of the year.
Here we go!
For the past two years, I have used a "Party Pom Jar" as part of my classroom management system. It works as a whole class reward system ( quite similar to earning brownie points) where students can ear poms for earning compliments from other teachers, parents, etc or for going above and beyond in the classroom. The kids love it, and when the jar is full, they get to pick a party of their choice! So much fun! This also works wonders at the beginning of the year to reinforce classroom behaviors and expectations! My jar from the past two years was glass and just started to look a bit rough, so I decided to make a new one. I also decided to use a plastic one this time, safer for the sweeties. 
 I simply made a label on powerpoint ( one for the extra poms and one for the jar)


 Then I printed and laminated.



I think they came out just adorable! I can't wait to bring them to my classroom this week.
Second, I redid my classroom clip chart with my new classroom colors. 


Third, I decided to also redo my classroom timeline that I like to hang up in my classroom to display to parents and students our progress in pictures throughout the year. 



This is going to look darling on the walls, and the parents always love seeing our monthly highlights in pictures! 

This one I am super excited about! Last year, I bought these adorable wooden frames from Michael's and printed Subway Art rules from Maria at Kinder Craze for my third grade classroom. I am changing it up since I really stick to the whole brain teaching rules. I made some subway art and spray painted all of my frames the same turquoise color. 



I have been wanting to make a mystery walker jar for a long time. I use mystery walkers in my classroom often but I typically just pick a random student. This year, I will be able to draw a student's name from this jar and carry the stick with me in the hallway. This way, the students will all have a fair chance! 

During the first week of school, the kiddos will decorate a stick with their name. 


And just one more! 
My mom gave me this adorable bin from my soon to be sister in law's bridal shower. She used this to store candy bags for a candy table. 
I put mints inside since I love to snack on mints during the school day. 
End product! 




Happy Monday and Happy Summer friends! 

2 comments:

  1. Fun post! I love the colors you used for your classroom projects. The timeline is such a fun idea!

    DJ @ Hello Learning

    http://www.hellolearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you're old enough to remember this product, but your pictures in the frame remind me of Fruit Stripe gum. It had a little zebra on the label. :)

    ReplyDelete